Junior Learn to Row
NCRA has a proud history of successfully introducing Juniors to the sport of rowing and Junior Learn to Row courses are now available to book for summer 2021.
Course details below:
Tuesday 17th August to Friday 20th August 9am-1pm
Monday 23rd August to Thursday 26th July 9am-1pm
What to bring
- Your child will need a snack and water bottle each day as they will spend much of the day on the water/outside, therefore it is important to keep hydrated and maintain energy throughout the day
- Your child will also need basic outdoor PE kit to take part. It is important to pack enough kit for 2 separate outdoor sessions a day and a light waterproof in the event of rain.
- A change of socks is important as they can get wet whilst getting in and out of the boats
- As we are holding Learn to Row in August, sunscreen is advised especially when on the water
A typical day
- Each day will be split into 2 sessions with a break in between for a snack and a rest
- As much time as possible will be spent out on the water, gaining confidence in the boat and learning to row
- We will also provide coaching and guidance on land-based training needed to support your child as a rower
Booking and Payment Details
- To book a place on Learn to Row, please email our Membership Secretary (email@example.com)
- Each Learn to Row is limited to 6 Juniors – first come first served
- The cost for Learn to Row is £150
- Please note that on booking you will be required to confirm your child can swim 100m in light clothing and tread water for 2 minutes
- Our Head Coach Declan Gamble has pulled together the Learn to Row programme and an experienced coach will oversee the sessions from the bank
- We will be using two of our club quads with an experienced adult rower in each quad to provide on the water coaching and support
- The aim of Learn to Row is to get your child into rowing!
- We are looking for new Junior rowers to join us for the new season starting in September, so if you enjoyed Learn to Row and want to make rowing a part of your life, come and talk to us and find out what we can offer
- We look forward to meeting you and are excited to welcome you along to NCRA. We hope for a fantastic week of rowing, learning new skills and meeting some new friends along the way
- NCRA will abide by UK Government and British Rowing Covid-19 guidance in place at the time, which course attendees are expected to follow.
- Your child should not attend if showing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please make sure you inform us if you or anyone else in your household exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19